*Those in brackets and italic are my own words
- Proton’s new 1.6 liter turbo engine will be used, which allows the P3-21A to produce the power of a 2.0 liter engine with a smaller displacement.
- Hot press steel (which is stronger) as opposed to cold press steel
- Vehicle Seek Lamp (not sure what this is, follow-me-home lamp?)
- Wiper Auto Speed
- Automatic folding wing mirror
- Push-button Start/Stop function (I guess the low/mid-spec doesn't have this)
- Automatic Wiper Sensors
- Automatic Headlamp Sensors
- GPS navigation system (I suppose it's the built-in type)
- Impact sensing door lock
- Central Locking
- Alarm with Immobiliser
- CVT gearbox with 7 virtual speed manual mode (something like Toyota Altis?)
- Tiptronic selection on shift lever
- Steering-mounted paddle shifters
- ABS with Brake Assist (I suppose the low-end has this, right?)
The specs revealed belongs to the high-line variant of P3-21A. Too bad Tun Dr. Mahathir didn't mention anything about Electronic Stability Control (ESC) nor airbags. Keeping some of the best stuff to keep us remain excited ya? I do hope that the high-line P3-21A is going to get ESC and 6 airbags so that it will have better value-for-money than Kia Forte 2.0.
A picture of the cabin leaked recently, showing what I believe is the low/mid-line cabin of the P3-21A (because there is no built-in GPS). Quite decent looking dashboard with minimalist design, also with nice looking silver trim around the cabin. Hope the quality will be top notch! The P3-21A is launching in 3 months time, but some said that it will be launched on 16 March 2012!
*Follow me @simon_har and subscribe SiMon HaR_ ya ;)