Once again, more info about Proton's upcoming P3-21A leaked into the Internet. This time we got lucky (not so good news to Proton) because a picture of the P3-21A cabin is exposed to the public! I love how the shape of the center console bears a resemblance of the steering wheel. However, a more adventurous design would be appreciated considering most of its competitors has more attractive looking cabin such as Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic.
Other than that, below are some of the newly leaked info which I took from Funtasticko:
- Auto fold/unfold side mirror – Side mirror will fold automatically when the car is locked dan automatically unfold when the car is travelling at speed after 5km/h.
- Auto Off Rear Demister
- Follow Home Lamp
- Headlamp Warning Buzzer
- Trunk Remote Release
- Front & rear socket 12V
- Front & Rear Fog Lamp
- Anti-Trap Power Windor (Driver side only)
- Seat Material – Water repelent fabric. 60:40 folding seat.
- Smart Info Display (SID) – With 3 readings - Trip A, Trip B and Trip C, and other info.
- Autolock & advance lock system
- Magnisium Inside Door Handle
- Keyless Entry
- BOSCH Head-Unit – 2-Din, Touch Screen Monitor, Navigator, Bluetooth, USB, AUX, MP3
- YES WiFi Modem – In-car Internet, first ever car in Malaysia, coverage Semenanjung Malaysia
- S Mode (Sport) – (P-R-N-D-S), where S Mode will increase the RPM for as much as 1,000 instantaneously for more agresive driving behaviour.
- BCM – Body Control Module
- No hump in the middle of the rear footwell.
- 4 Wheel ABS & EBD with 4 Wheel Disc Brake
- TC (Traction Control)
- ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
- BA (Braking Assist)
- 4 AIRBAGS – Airbag for the front passenger can be ON/OFF. Not sure it comes with side airbags or curtain airbags.
- 5 STARS Australia NCAP
Length = 4.543m
Width = 1.786m
Height = 1.524m
No info on the wheelbase though. But it seems that P3-21A is slightly larger than Honda Civic, Kia Forte and Toyota Altis in terms of exterior.
Boot Space: 508 litre
Turning Radius: 5.3m
Full Tank Capacity: 50 litre
1.6 CFE with 7speed Pro-Tronic CVT3 (VVT)
0-100km/h: 9.6 seconds
- For comparison, a Kia Forte 1.6 achieve the same result with 12.5 seconds.
Executive MT, 1.6 IAFM+ 5-Speed MT
Executive CVT, 1.6 IAFM+ 6-Speed CVT
Premuim CVT, 1.6 CFE 7-Speed CVT
RM65,000 – RM75,000 (quite reasonably priced, but hope the entry level price starts from RM60k)
For more pics, click HERE!